Friday, July 08, 2005

Leaving London Tomorrow

Opps, a second ago I hit send by accident, this sidewalk internet shop has the keyboards at almost chin level. It is very difficult to type, I guess being a shortie doesn't help. Sara and I went Cambridge today on the train. Most of the trains are running and the underground is running on the lines that did not have bombings.
I realize now that I actually heard the bomb that was near Paddington Station go off yesterday. I thought it might be thunder, and I commented to Sara about it. But then, London does not typically have thunder and lightening weather, so I was suprised and looked out the window at the sky--did not see dark clouds, so wondered if it was the tailgate of a dump truck or something. Now I know it was the bomb.

A reporter from the Memphis Commercial Appeal called the hotel room last night. I was quite surprised. Someone be sure to tell Ruth Warren, she always asks me who my press agent is. If anyone sees a piece in the paper about Lundy and Sara's London report, pls save it for me.

Tomorrow is high-speed train to Paris, under the channel. Leave about noon. We are holding up well. Bought several interesting cheeses at a local street market in Cambridge today, nice beer on the train ride home. It was great that we were there on market day. Fish and chips to go for supper. We have eaten lots of fun street food, trying everything we run across that Sara or I haven't had before.

It is cold here, for anyone wondering. COLD. As in, NOT SUMMER.

ONLY 3 MINUTES OF INTERNET TIME LEFT--opps--caps lock--thanks friends for nice comments. i READ THEM all. This keyboard is weird. Difficult height--chin level.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home