Monday, July 18, 2005

St Tropez







While in St Tropez, after MUCH searching, we located the Museum of Butterflies that we had read about. Sara says it was just about her favorite spot of the trip. The Musee houses the collection of L'Entomologiste Dany Lartique. You can see their official website HERE. They let me take photos if I did it without a flash, which is the case in many places such as churches, etc....so here are some of the pix that I took. I got Sara to hold her hand up in some of them for scale. The enormous size of some of the beetle bugs and moths was amazing to our little limited USA minds. The size of the pinchers on some of those beetles were downright scarry.

The Maison des Papillons is in a long narrow alley that is only marked by small signs located up high. There is a small charge and it has two stories. Downstairs are wall hung display cases and a small courtyard. Upstairs are storage drawers and reading materials as well as additional display cases. It is definately worth seeking out while in St Tropez as just about everything else in the town seems to be concerned with eating and drinking or spending money on high priced fashionable clothing. But just as many French vacation areas do, St. Tropez has a lovely merry-go-round. Their's is located out by the harbor near the water and docks.


Greetings from Lundy
The boat just left St Tropez. Lovely day ashore, no Internet to be found. Only beautiful buildings, flowers, tourists, other sleek boats, designer clothes and jewelry shops, Hermes, D & G, that sort of thing.
Sooooooooooo I am on the boat's insanely expensive Internet access, which I notice is from Bolivia today, so this will be short. I will edit this post in Monte Carlo tomorrow as I have already gotten Internet access info for there and typed a text file in a diskette to take w/ me.
We are fine, still getting along....believe it or not. Poor Sara, I boss her around a lot. But then, I don't like missing trains, boats and stuff !! She is a great sport.
Thai dinner tonight in the Bistro, we signed up special for it. Ship already on the move to next port.
Love to ALL. L.
Internet might not be working right on board ship...not surprised, blog mightnot publish correctly, service is from BOLIVIA ! I just looked at the blog and it was only partial, as in one sentence, I will try again.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the blog. No "in situ" pics yet of the travelers. Needs to be so we can evaluate the effects of travel. Inquiring minds can be put to rest, the Louisiana Tourist package arrived. Nice.
physics lab

4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Exactly, no pictures of you two! After we were warned not to comment on any flaws in your physical appearance, etc. Makes us wonder!

I'm sure you look fabulous, if a little frazzled. The ship should give you a little respite from some of the challenges of getting around, I hope. The blog has been so much fun to read, and you'll enjoy it for years to come. I'm working on a scrapbook for you, and found some incredible Venice and Barcelona papers for you at the scrapbook store. Not sure if I can bring myself to cut it to use in your book, but we'll see. For sure I'll print your blog. Keep your ticket stubs, etc., and of course there'll be plenty of room for your pics to go in.

Love, Carol

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home